Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Heaven on Earth


Hat Rai Leh West at Sunset

Got down to Southern Thailand and took the longtail (WITHOUT breaking my knee this time) out to what is probably my favorite place on the planet, Railay (known in Thai as Laem Phra Nang - Holy Princess Peninsula). Hard to explain quite how beautiful and chill this place is. Hardly anyone around, beach bars everywhere (where you can coincidentally buy a big fat spliff at the bar for a few baht - stuff sucks, but you can't beat the service!). Limestone karst formations guard white sand beaches and there is something to look at in every direction. This place is the end of the Earth, and I can only hope it remains that way, as I plan to visit this place for the rest of my life.



Hat Phra Nang (Yeah, it's sideways, sue me...)

No comments: